Things are a little more normal this Christmas and, with in-person events returning, Santa and his elves back in Chesterfield and plenty more festive activities to enjoy, this year is sure to be one to remember.
The town centre is expected to buzz with activity with Chesterfield Borough Council pulling out all the stops to bring a whole host of family-friendly events to the town centre throughout December.
A number of shops are also staying open later during December with Vicar Lane Shopping Centre and Marks and Spencer both increasing their opening hours to make the most of the increased footfall.
To ensure you make the most of Christmas here in Chesterfield this year, we’ve put together a list of our top experiences for the whole family to enjoy:
- Christmas in Chesterfield Elf Trail – An exciting opportunity for families to discover what the town has to offer, the Chesterfield elves are hiding in the windows of local shops and venues waiting for you to find them. Scan the QR code on each elf for more information on festive activities and for the chance to be entered into a competition to win an Annual Family Pass for Matlock Farm Park.
- Christmas Shopping – It always sneaks up on us, but there’s no need to panic. Check out the Chesterfield Christmas Gift Guide and find gifts suitable for every taste and budget right here in the town.
- Amazing Magical Santa House – After its huge success last year, the Santa House is back once again. You will have the opportunity to chat with Santa before you go into a special augmented reality experience in which Santa will magically appear with you – all captured on video for your memories.
- Unique dining – There are so many independent restaurants, cafés and pubs offering a fantastic dining experience. From traditional pub grub to authentic Greek cuisine, there’s something for everyone to enjoy in Chesterfield this Christmas.
- Chesterfield Market – With the Christmas lights up and extra dates added to Chesterfield’s historic, open-air market, you can find everything from vegetables for your Christmas dinner right through to unique hand-made gifts.
- Santa Special Canal Cruises – Santa has swapped his sleigh for a canal boat in Chesterfield. Take a trip on Chesterfield’s popular canal and meet Santa onboard. All children receive a gift and adults get a seasonal drink and mince pie or equivalent.
- Discover the countryside – The Premier Inn at Elder Way offers a great town-centre base from which to explore both Chesterfield and the nearby Peak District which is only a short drive away. Get wrapped up and see the great outdoors has to offer!
- Chesterfield Pantomime – It’s behind you! Visit the town’s famous Pomegranate Theatre for the pantomime, Beauty & the Beast, with actress, singer and TV personality Suzanne Shaw amongst the cast.
- Carol singing – The world-famous Crooked Spire church is playing host to a number of carol services across the month of December. Get in the Christmas spirit and sing along!
- Festive entertainment – There’s a variety of street entertainers to enjoy while you do your shopping. From Christmas stilt walkers to tap dancing turkeys, there’s lot of weird and wonderful things for the whole family.
If you still can’t find what you’re looking for, visit Destination Chesterfield’s Christmas in Chesterfield page here to see what else the town has to offer.
If you’re interested in being part of Chesterfield’s thriving town centre community next Christmas, then Elder Way could be the ideal location for your food or drink business. Close to the Crooked Spire Church, Pomegranate Theatre and Market Square, as well as being close to car parks and within walking distance of the train station, Elder Way offers a premium address that benefits from high town centre footfall.
Get in touch with our team now to discover what Elder Way can offer your business or contact Jomast Developments on 01642 666936.